(1) What is Sakura Matsuri?
- The Sakura Matsuri-Japanese Street Festival is the largest celebration of Japanese culture in the United States. The matsuri boasts four stages of performances (including J-pop, traditional Japanese music and martial arts), alongside hundreds of cultural exhibitors and vendors with Japanese products and food!
(2) When/Where is Sakura Matsuri?
- Location: Pennsylvania & Constitution Aves. 3rd-7th St NW, Washington, D.C.
- Date & Time:
- Saturday, April 15, 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday, April 16, 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
(3) What are the COVID-19 policies for Sakura Matsuri?
- The Matsuri will strictly adhere to DC Government public health guidance related to outdoor public events. Please refrain from attending if you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms. The Matsuri team continues to closely monitor the situation and will update guidance as warranted by circumstances. Follow our Twitter (@jas_wdc), Facebook (@jas.wdc), and Instagram (@jaswdc) feeds for further information and updates.
(4) How much do tickets cost?
- Visit our ticket sales page for pricing – tickets range from $10 – $15 for a one-day ticket. Children 12 and under always free. Purchase tickets here.
(5) Can I use my credit/debit card?
- Many booths at the Matsuri will accept credit cards. All sales stations managed by the Sakura Matsuri do also – such as Beer Gardens, Sake Tasting Pavilion, and Matsuri Markets.
(6) Are there ATMs?
- We have ATMs next to every entrance and there are some located inside the Matsuri. Some of them have long lines, so be prepared!
(7) Can I come back in if I leave?
- Yes – get a hand-stamp when you enter and that will serve as your return ticket, or you can go to one of our 3 paid entrances when you exit and get your hand stamped then.
(8) Can I bring my dog?
- Yes − but they will need to be on a leash. If your dog displays any aggressive behavior, we may ask you to leave the Matsuri.
If you have any other questions about the festival on your mind, feel free to contact us at email@example.com